Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with a start project..

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaiser

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm a relatively beginer in FPGA design..
I know something in Verilog....but i need some advices in my new project...
I have a Spartan 3 Starter Kit board....and i want to make a verilog description of a circuitry which command 4 digits on the board.
Give me some ideeas how to begin.....i want to write a moving text (right to left) on thouse 4 digits.
I read all the docs from xilinx.....but i want some explicit advice if it's possible.
THX in advance...

Added after 1 hours 9 minutes:

Hey no one?

U might be knowing how to download the given netlist to the fpga using the xilinx project navigator selecting all the pins,

If the display is seven segment then u have only few letters and all the numbers to move from left to right.

Now its ur verilog skill and the designing skill u have to use in the coding.
try starting displaying only one bit in the display and later on to the next level, then it would be easy if u go directly its all ramshackle

This link is useful ,don't forget to get the ISE quick start document from xilinx,,**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back