Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help regarding Freq Domain Equalizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bee

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can any one plz explain me what Freq Domain Equalizers are and how they work?

Waiting

thanks allot but i am not yet cleared by the txt in the link, could u or any one plz tell me more abt it

The underlying philosophy of both time domain and frequency domain equalizers are the same - to equalize the channel frequency response, but the latter achieves the job in the frequency domain.

In a frequency domain equalized system the reference signal (pilot) is usually sent in the frequency domain and is used to estimate the channel frequency response, which in turn will be used to equalize the received data.
But, in a Time domain equalized system the pilot will be sent in the time domain and the Channel Impulse response will be estimated and used to equalize the received data

time domain equalization: equalize in the time domain, by cofficients.

freq domain equalization: transform to freq domain first, then equalize, at last change back to time domain

Status
Not open for further replies.