Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed....want to make a battery...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaywant007

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello friends i need to make a home made battery to power my project....i inquired at many places but the process is too complicated to be done at home...

Also commercial batteries like the CAR batteries are expensive or the smaller NiCad ones will get drained very quickly...

i need to make a battery preferably using chemicals....so that the costs will come down...and i need to drive 5-6 dc motors 300rpm with current drawing around 350mA at full load...

To inform i have absolutely no idea abt any chemical reaction process to generate electricity....so plz explain me in detail....

Any help is highly appreciated...Thank you

This is more a chemical problem. Making a battery that gives a few mA for a clock is easy and is presented in many ocasions - like inserting metal needles in an apple and connecting them to power a clock.

For any serious current output you need factory made batteries with correct treatment of the electrodes sufaces, otherwise you won't get enough current, the capacity would be low and will have a high internal resistance.

The easiest way would be to ask someone for an used car battery that needs replacement. For hobby activities this will be useful for 1-2 years if charged regularly - of course if it doesn't have a big problem as shorted electrodes.

well Eugen just to tell u...i ruled out the option of car battery after understanding the facts that it needs to be carefully used and the load i am using doesnt draw much current....so the car battery might just damage my motors and electronics all together something i cant risk...any better idea...

I don't see how a homemade battery could be more stable than a car battery. Of course the car battery can melt wires if shorted, but use it carefully, use fuses. After all it has to deliver current.

Use a voltage regulator or a switching supply connected to the battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.