Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help needed.-MOSFET as switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

manju_bhat

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi I am using dual N channel and P channel Mosfet for one of my switching application. The part number is IRF7317PBF. The Mosfet is a SO-8 Package.
The pchannel mosfet works fine. But problem is with n channel . Input to the N channel is 5v . and the Gate drive for n channel is 4.5v. So N chnnel should be ON. but somehow N channel out put shows only 4v instaed of 5v. I ahve not connected any load and Rds (ON) is very less, the drop should be in millivolts. I have attched the circuit here. please help. what could be the problem with IRF ? I changed the MOSFET and checked. Still no use. please help

I think you need to take the source of the N channel, pin 1 to ground for it to work.
I would also increase the value or R60 and R67 to 4k7.

Did you solve the problem? Where did you get those schematics?

The thing is easy: the MOSFETs are connected via source, instead of drains. This leads to an inconvenience: the internal diodes are forward biased, so you have no control over the output.

Your schematics suggest there's a 5V supply and a 1V signal connected between drains (that should be sources). Therefore, your 4V output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back