Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help!! modeling switch network of boost converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivian248

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
smpsrecipes

hi..need some help here..do any of you know how to replace the switch network of boost converter with averaged switch model and simulate it on pspice which need to create a model and the subcircuit...thanks a lot :))

Switch-Mode Power Supply Spice Cookbook covers it and includes a pspice model - it is included in smpsrecipes.lib and you can see the example netlist in average_boost_Vm.net for voltage mode.

I don't use pspice so I don't know if there are symbols made - if not, it's easy to make them.

good luck!

Dear electronrancher,
Thank you so much...still got some problem here...how to implement the file that u upload in the psice?? Other than pspice, wat software u use?? Matlab?? how??

Added after 10 minutes:

electronrancher said:
Switch-Mode Power Supply Spice Cookbook covers it and includes a pspice model - it is included in smpsrecipes.lib and you can see the example netlist in average_boost_Vm.net for voltage mode.

I don't use pspice so I don't know if there are symbols made - if not, it's easy to make them.

good luck!
Dear electronrancher,
Thank you so much...still got some problem here...how to implement the file that u upload in the psice?? Other than pspice, wat software u use?? Matlab?? how??

You have to use model editor in Pspice to create capture symbols.

If your using Basso's models you can refer to his book here.

Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/18368189/switch-mode_power_supply_spice_cookbook-basso.rar

Check his web site ready made pwm controllers with capture symbols here as well as other spice SMPS stuff.

Code:
http://perso.orange.fr/cbasso/Spice.htm

Go here and use these models.

Status
Not open for further replies.