Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me with importing a STEP file in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mankan

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Help in HFSS

Hello All EDABOARD members,

I have a STEP file (which is 3d model) of a component which I used. When I tried to import it in to HFSS I am not able to do.

If any one can import the step file, please import it and can you send me the HFSS file?

This model I need it badly for my HFSS simulation to find the loss in the component. So people who have the license to import it, please import it, save it as HFSS file and please send me the HFSS file to gmanikandan20@gmail.com

People who have HFSS please try whether you are able to import it. Because you might not tried importing a STEP 3d model file earlier.
That would be really helpful.

Mani Ganesan

Re: Help in HFSS

pls someone who has HFSS, try this import. It takes just 2 mins.
\
Thanks for your help.
Mani

Hi,

This is your file imported to HFSS.I wish that it helps.

Ciao.

Hi MrElec

thank you so much for the imported model. But the model seems to be like, all the material, the conducting and the sorrounded casing (insulator) material, everything seems to be united and defined as one single material.

but if I attach it to the mini SMP, the gold conductor will be connected not only to the center conductor but to the entire adapter as they are all of the same material and united together.

I think step file cannot be used in HFSS if they have 2 or more material in it.

Mani

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back