Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me with a process control for tank filing project

Status
Not open for further replies.

mishra12

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to do one project
upper tank and lower tank
circuit part i can do
what i have to show here is
liquid level of upper tank
liquid level of lower tank
flow rate
in window screen using vb.net/vb
if upper tank is full pump goes off
and if lower tank liquid is lower alarm
all the hardware controlled by computer
pls help me

Re: process control help

Hi,

best wishes for your project.......

For motor on and off you can provide simple continuity sensors and it will automatically switch ON and OFF the motor and give the alarm also.

For Flow indication : the flow rate may vary depends on your outlet. So calculate your outlet per hour. from this you can easily calculate and display the level of the tank in your VB front end window. When you are opening your outlet it should be sensed and the timer should ON. When the flow is closed, upto that time how much amount of liquid come out from the tank. Simultaneously you can calculate and display in your window. Displaying the values you can decide through the program, say fro every 10 sec or 5 sec like that. Understand the logic....???

Regards

Sudan

Added after 24 seconds:

Hi,

best wishes for your project.......

For motor on and off you can provide simple continuity sensors and it will automatically switch ON and OFF the motor and give the alarm also.

For Flow indication : the flow rate may vary depends on your outlet. So calculate your outlet per hour. from this you can easily calculate and display the level of the tank in your VB front end window. When you are opening your outlet it should be sensed and the timer should ON. When the flow is closed, upto that time how much amount of liquid come out from the tank. Simultaneously you can calculate and display in your window. Displaying the values you can decide through the program, say fro every 10 sec or 5 sec like that. Understand the logic....???

Regards

Sudan

process control help

thanks tell me one thing i want to use parallel port for this project ,is it suitable?serial ?

HI,

I think Serial port accessing is best than parallel. If you know comments about parallel its also ok. No problem. Carry on...

Regards

Sudan

The control circuit can be implemented by a few contactors as well. PC based programmable logic has the disadadvantage
to work only if the computer is powered. At worst case, it will continue to operate the machinery when the software fails, and e.g.
flood the house. It shouldn't be operated without hardwired limit switches in my opinion

Hi,

If you want accuracy software with hardware is best.........

Sudan

after reading parallel port by jan alexson and your sug..... ,i thing i'll choose serial port .thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.