Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me on finding delay on cadence Spectre

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramesh441

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello friends

I had made a ciruit having 16 inputs containing DC supply and having one output getting dc constant voltage as a result.

now I want to find the delay betwen the 16th input and output
Can I know how could I do in cadence Spectre

Thanking you,

RamesH

Hello,

From the ADE Design environment -> tools -> calculator.

From the functions -> choose "cross"
at "signal" -> write the name of signal (VT("/net010") for e.g where net010 is the net name)

at "Threshold Value" -> write the crossing (voltage) value where delay is required (usually Vdd/2 in digital circuits).

at "Edge Number" -> if the point is crossed more than once, define which one should be considered

at "Edge type" -> choose either rising or falling depending on crossing direction

Repeat steps for both signal then subtract and you'll get the delay.

Sir,
My question is, for a dc voltage which wont vary.

My input is 1.2 volts constant dc. and output is 0.9 voltage a constant dc.

How could I get the delay of it?? i.e how much time is the circuit taking from my 16th input to o/p

Thanking you,
RamesH

Can you explain a bit more about your circuit- as in beahviour?

Is there any clock in your circuit.

What are there DC input? Step inputs? If so how and when do they get triggered?

My input a dc 1.2 V constant and its not varing

How could I measure delay as there is no variation in signal w.r.t time

I think for simualtion purposes, your input should not be a DC source, rather a Vpulse that would step from 0 to the required supply value and get held to this value. In this case, you can accurately estimate the delay between the time of applying the DC source to the time the output would respond. If you use a DC source at the input, cadence (or spectre) will (usually) start calculating the transient initial state from the dc solution, which is usually the circuit's final steady state and you'd never see the delay. So, by using Vpulse you'll force a different initial state and can see the delay.

Hi,
I also need help in finding delay in cadence spectra....
I found ieropsaltic ans useful but did not get the output ie the delay....
can you plese tell me the steps again and more detailly....

Thank you,
Preeti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back