Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me interface LCD with PIC 16F882 (without complete datasheet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbisht

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

1) I am interfacing winstar's WO12864A1-TFH 128X64 Lcd module with PIC 16f882, but i don't have complete datsheet and application note as it not available for download at wintstar's website. Plz provide some link/pdf for it.

2) since speed of pic is very fast compared to peripheral( lcd ) so on what basis should delay be introduced and for what i.e. commond or data.

3) Do i need to create look up table for mapping from hex to ASCII ?

4) How to make header file in High tech-c for the #defines and API declarations for the 128 x 64 LCD

any kind of help/suggestion/documents/links is highly appreciated

Thanks

LCD interface

answers:

2. Delays are very important when u are interfacing the LCD with PIC.

3. U can convert the hex into ASCII and then send the data to LCD i.e., when i use 16x2 lcd i just logically OR the hex value with 0x30 and then i send the value and it does the trick. (hex | 0x30)

4. u can create a different LCD.c and LCD.h file and den you can link those files in the main program.

LCD interface

1) no datasheet, no go.
2) per the datasheet.
3) you can but you don't have to.
4) as previously suggested.

did anyone find a complete datasheet of the lcd?

i have one. but does not have a lot of the serial communication.

Attachments

• WO12864A1-TMI#.pdf
    549.9 KB · Views: 86

Status
Not open for further replies.