Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me generate a 50Mhz Square Wave

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyngweekiat_85

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I try to generate a 50Mhz ttl square wave but the outcome was not very good. Any one try to make such wave before? the rise time and fall time i have turn it into a saw tooth. :(

50Mhz Square Wave

use a CMOS square wave oscillator(using 'not' gates)......but keep in mind that use odd number of gates... frequency of the square wave depends on delay of the gates.......so u can use a delay circuit for increasing delay or frequency....if u want the ciruit then i can mail u......

50Mhz Square Wave

Hi,

Is the freq of the saw-tooth waveform 50MHz ?
If it's true, that means that your driving capability isn't enough. You can add some high-speed buffer like 74VHC14 to buffer your 50MHz square wave.

Re: 50Mhz Square Wave

yup the saw tooth is 50Mhz... i am trying to get vhc but fail to find 1. I am using 74AS now. I will try to find 74VHC if possible. Thanks :D Try to find one and c how it goes.

try 74HCT or 74HC series......or the best thing if you need it so desperately is to buy a
50Mz cmos oscillator like this one ... it is called as CXO...... it has a inbuilt hcmos circuit...all you have to do is give it power supply ....it will provide oscillations...
a Tcxo is also availiable ... it is more accurate....but these things costs you ...so its not a cheap solution..but it will work..............
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

TTL logic is too slow for generating 50MHz squarewave, you can use LVC, AC, AHC

to implement your logic.

best regards

dannyngweekiat_85 said:
I try to generate a 50Mhz ttl square wave but the outcome was not very good. Any one try to make such wave before? the rise time and fall time i have turn it into a saw tooth. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back