Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me draw a helical coil in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

tketke2002

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Helical in HFSS

Hi,

I am planning to analyse some antenna structure including a helical coil. However I know this is basic I am not able to draw the coil in HFSS.
Can anyone guide me ?

Thanks in advance,

Tony

Helical in HFSS

use vbs .but i do not know the detail

Reactions: orle

orle

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: Helical in HFSS

hi:
you should just go to the line menu and draw easily your coil cross section with one of the (triangle rectangle circle or other giometrical strauctures) and then go to solid menu and choose the helix option and then select your cross section and turn it around one of coordinate axis with desired pitch and radious and so on .

regard.

hi:
you should just go to the line menu and draw easily your coil cross section with one of the (triangle rectangle circle or other giometrical strauctures) and then go to solid menu and choose the helix option and then select your cross section and turn it around one of coordinate axis with desired pitch and radious and so on .

regard.
i m phasing the same problem how to design helical antenna for 12 GHz and how to calculate pitch

Hi,

For drawing the Helical Antenna, in HFSS from the main menu, you can choose:

Draw -> User Defined Primitives -> SysLib -> SegmentedHelix

Another way to design it would be using Antenna Design Kit provided by Ansoft. That makes it really easy and it can be obtained from their website.

As for calculating the pitch, it really depends on the characteristics of your antenna and whether you want the antenna to operate in normal(broadside) mode or axial(endfire) mode. For normal mode changing the pitch value results in the antenna changing from being circularly to elliptically polarized to linearly polarized. For axial mode, pitch should be large fraction of the wavelength to achieve circular polarization. One suggestion would be to have the pitch equal to quarter wavelength for axial mode.

I hope this helps.

Joline

:grin::grin::grin:

Attachments

• helix.hfss.rar
    3.8 KB · Views: 175
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back