Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me design a Pop Up Target for a shooting range

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkjarral

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI Ever body
I want to design a target system for small arm. please help me out in designing a target which can sense/detect the bullet hit and can generate a signal for further process.

Re: Pop Up Target

U want a system that can detect bullet hit right? u need the bullet hit force also? position where it hit the target? or what? Kindly explain more about what u want...

Pop Up Target

Here are several potential principles of operation for such system:

(1) The target is made of paper with horizontal (in one side) and vertical (on the other side) lines made with conductive ink. The lines broken by the bullet were detected and the coordinates of the hit were established. I’ve seen a system that works on this principle.
(2) Optical transmitters and receivers. The bullet interrupts the beams.
(3) The bullet hits a hard target. There are microphones near the target. The sound will arrive to the microphones at different times. The location of the hit is calculated from the time-difference of arrival (TDOA).
(4) Radar?

P.S. I’d like to invite your question to a group dedicated to sensors: **broken link removed**.

Re: Pop Up Target

Faizan Jawaid said:
U want a system that can detect bullet hit right? u need the bullet hit force also? position where it hit the target? or what? Kindly explain more about what u want...

I need information of a system which can detect the bullet hit location on a paper target using acoustic microphones array that detect the shockwave of the bullet.
How to do this is an issue. Please comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back