Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me design a burglar alarm that turns on after 3 wrong passwords inputted

Status
Not open for further replies.

expert

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I WOULD LIKE TO DESIGN A BURGLAR ALARM FOR MY PROJECT
THE SPECIFICATION IS WHEN THE USER KEY-IN THE WRONG PASSWORD FOR 3 TIMES THEN THE ALARM WILL ALERT
IS THERE ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA TAT USE PIC16F877 TO COUNT FOR 3 TIMES ( USER KEY-IN WRONG PASSWORD) THEN GIVE A SIGNAL TO ALERT THE ALARM?

Re: BURGLAR ALARM

blueroomelectronics said:
What have you done so far?

so far i have design an infrared circuit by microcontroller PIC16F877
the circuit consists of a remote control to transmit data to the receiver side
then, the receiver receive data to check whether the key-in password is correct o not
if correct then it will give a sigal to magnetic lock, and the LCD will display "correct code" while if receive the wrong password then it will show "wrong code" and the magnetic lock remain lock

but i wish to enhance the security system of the design
then i wish to add a burglar alarm
the function of the alarm is to alert when the user key-in password wrongly more than 3 times

ur question is quite broad... Have u already got the key pad functioning properly? And what language are u programming in?

phluxor said:
ur question is quite broad... Have u already got the key pad functioning properly? And what language are u programming in?

i 'm using ASM language to construct the design.
yeah, my keypad is function properly and the transmitter and receiver also work properly. But then i wish to enhance the design with adding an alarm. when ever the user key-in password wrongly more than 3 times then it will alert the alarm by microchip( PIC16F877)
but the main problem is i duno how to use ASM language to write the coding which able to count 3 times then output a signal to alarm circuit.
thxs for ur attention!!

expert said:
phluxor said:

i 'm using ASM language to construct the design.
yeah, my keypad is function properly and the transmitter and receiver also work properly. But then i wish to enhance the design with adding an alarm. when ever the user key-in password wrongly more than 3 times then it will alert the alarm by microchip( PIC16F877)
but the main problem is i duno how to use ASM language to write the coding which able to count 3 times then output a signal to alarm circuit.
thxs for ur attention!!

You can try this ::
One thing you can do, count the continuous three wrong password entries if true then turn on alarm else wait for next entry.
In between if you will have right password entry then reset the counter for wrong password.

H_D_R said:
You can try this ::
One thing you can do, count the continuous three wrong password entries if true then turn on alarm else wait for next entry.
In between if you will have right password entry then reset the counter for wrong password.

yeah, this is wat i wan but i dunno which register or instruction can act like counter to count 3 times then alert the alarm..........can u give me some idea?

but anyway, thxs for the comment

You need to write some code that compares the user input with the pin. Each time user gets it wrong increment a counter. If user gets it right clear the counter. If the counter reaches 3 sound alarm and clear the counter. Sorry I dont know pic assembler but this should give you an idea

davidgrm said:
You need to write some code that compares the user input with the pin. Each time user gets it wrong increment a counter. If user gets it right clear the counter. If the counter reaches 3 sound alarm and clear the counter. Sorry I dont know pic assembler but this should give you an idea

thxs for the comment
but is there anyone know the specific registers and the coding to write a increment counter?

expert said:
yeah, this is wat i wan but i dunno which register or instruction can act like counter to count 3 times then alert the alarm..........can u give me some idea?

but anyway, thxs for the comment

Sorry have not used PIC. I don’t know PIC assembly.
Whatever is the processor but logic will be almost same. Let me try..

Do like this.
1.) Store 3 in any free register which is not used in your code or use PUSH and POP.(e.g. let’s say r1).
2.) Take one more register and store the number of trials here. (e.g. let’s say r2=0).
3.) Enter the password and Compare it.
4.) If it is true then no problem and reset the number of trials and reset the flag.
5.) But if it is false then flag should be set and number of trials increased by 1 and reset the flag.
6.) Compare r1=r2.
7.) If true then turn on alarm.
8.) Else go for next comparison (go to step 3).

Hope so it will help you..
Try it and reply the status.

H_D_R said:
Sorry have not used PIC. I don’t know PIC assembly.
Whatever is the processor but logic will be almost same. Let me try..

Do like this.
1.) Store 3 in any free register which is not used in your code or use PUSH and POP.(e.g. let’s say r1).
2.) Take one more register and store the number of trials here. (e.g. let’s say r2=0).
3.) Enter the password and Compare it.
4.) If it is true then no problem and reset the number of trials and reset the flag.
5.) But if it is false then flag should be set and number of trials increased by 1 and reset the flag.
6.) Compare r1=r2.
7.) If true then turn on alarm.
8.) Else go for next comparison (go to step 3).

Hope so it will help you..
Try it and reply the status.

thxs for the ide, i will try it first!!!

Good, simple and efficient alarm.
in that ficheiro, it is the alarm, PCBs Hex. etc
Nick name: Alcindo

If they want a more compound has this here

I have two versions of the same alarm of the magazine enclosed EPE, I have PCB

Where is your souce code???? for this..... I mean asm file.......

Status
Not open for further replies.