Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me choose circuits for a turning table project

Status
Not open for further replies.

breneer

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Im planning to make a round table which turns clockwise 180 deg. for several seconds ( timer) and counter-clockwise 180 degrees again... There could be a stepper motor with gear box on some sort to slow down the turn. Timer for timing the turns to be able it to reverse to another turns. Switch circuit for switching ( relay driver, etc.) OR when it turns and reaches the 180 deg. then there will be a switch/sensor thats hit the limit on the turning table that will able it to reverse turn. This table will be used for demonstration of a product or something on top of it. Also no pic programming as much as possible. No pic programmer in hand or any. Just a simple digital circuit will do.

My question is:

1. What circuits would I used in making the said project and kindly explain a little?

Thank you very much!

what circuit?

make it microcontroller based. 89c51 is the best. search on www.8052.com

what circuit?

The simplest thing would be a brush DC motor such as an old 12V auto wiper motor (has good torque, has built-in reduction gears). To reverse the motion you could use a 2p2w toggle switch that is switched by a mechanical stub attached to the turntable.

Re: what circuit?

DC motor would be a good idea but in terms of in ciruit design... Can you give me details/ideas on how it should operate? like in block diagram.. but just a short explanation to keep me in the right path

twidlerjohn said:
The simplest thing would be a brush DC motor such as an old 12V auto wiper motor (has good torque, has built-in reduction gears). To reverse the motion you could use a 2p2w toggle switch that is switched by a
mechanical stub
attached to the turntable.

What does mechanical stub means?

Design a digital circuit that generates a square wave with a period equal to your whole cycle period. The positive semicycle activates the motor clockwise, and the negative circuit activates anticlockwuise. Install two switches at the end of displacement of your table, one in each side. One will interrupt clockwise power, and the other will interrupt anticlockwise power.

Activate the clockwuise power in the positive semiperiod until the table reaches the oposite switch, that cut that power. The power will be off until the negative semiperiod. In the negative semiperiod activete the anticlockwuise power, that will be disconnected when the table reaches the initial position.

Sorry for my poor english. Do you understand what I mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back