Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me choose a component that will send a signal for half a second

Status
Not open for further replies.

solrac8126

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, i'm new here i just wanted to know if someone can guide me to a name or to something i can go and see if i can build this little project:

I have a gps (from china) that i need to use on the car,
the problem is that i need it to turn on when the car accessory (or engine) is on, but it has a button (like a cellular) that you need to press like for half a second in order to turn it on.

I tough i could use a relay or something like that to do this but i don't know how to send that "signal" for that half second.... and then stop.
anyways it will have to do it every time the car is turned on.

Thank you.

Re: Build help

If your project is going to use a microcontroller anyway, then that would be the logical thing to use to turn on the GPS.

Otherwise, how about just a simple 555 timer circuit? This one from Forrest Mims' 555 Timer IC Circuits Engineer's Mini-Notebook might be a good place to start and should be easy to tweak for your application.

Good luck with your project.

**broken link removed**​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back