Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me calculate the width and spacing of a edge coupled filter in ADS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danesh

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,

Im trying to design edge coupled filter on ADS momentum. i having trouble calculating the width and spacing of the filter although i manage to calculate the odd and even impedance. i also wanted to knw which parameter will change the resonant freq of the coupled filter is it the width, length or spacing? thanks guy

edge coupled filter

Are you talking about microstrip filter? Length determines the resonant frequency, spacing determines the coupling strength (thus bandwidth), width determines the microstrip impedance.

Re: edge coupled filter

If I am not wrong ADS include a sinthesys tool...

edge coupled filter

Length has the effect on resonant frequency but the coupled frequency is broad band in nature.
Spacing has the effect on coupled power.
Width has the effect on matching to 50 ohm or other.
Hope this answers your queries.

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: edge coupled filter

I have recently started using ADS2003, and as a part of my work have been asked to design a edge coupled bandpass filter for following specifications:
pass band : 11.1 to 11.4
insertion loss 0.5 db
stop band : appx 3.4 db away from 11.4

while designing the filter the physical parameters for lamda by 4 were
w= 1.358
l= 2.359
i used m_sub and mc_fil.
Though my design is not proper i need directions for how to, what to do in the design.where to refer et al.
M designing for a GaAs mesfet.
I ve designed using a cascade of mc_fil. can a additional component change help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back