Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Help me] About altium Designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

dastaro

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I newbie and i use altium Designer Summer 08. How to set up minimum clearance constraints (default is 10mil but i need 20 mil )? and How to set rounded style routing corner ?(i set rule but it no change) please tell me step by step.

Thank you very very much for answers.

To set the clearance, you use the Electrical Clearance rule in Design>>Rules. Just click on the "10" in the picture shown, and change the value to whatever you want.

The Situs Autorouter will not route with rounded corners. However, you can interactively route with rounded corners. Use Shift+Spacebar to cycle through the various corner modes. You can change the size of the corner by using "," (comma) or "." (period) to decrease or increase. The minimum and maximum values between which you can adjust the corner will be whatever you have set into the design rule for corners.

Thanks House_Cat answer is clear but 1 still problem. i can't change value "minimum clearance constraints" .

Just edit the value in the clearance rule like you would edit any text.

Oh edit any text. I'am stupid because i use cursor double click value it i think the popup is show 5555:D

So thanks very much. I love this forum:D

Re: [Help me] About @ltium Designer

Hi,
I need your advice regarding clearance violations in ADW09.
I can't manage with those resistors placed on bottom and top layer. Also that IC's clearance violation give me headache.
dpg75z.jpg

Many thanks!

The component clearance rule in W09 depends on having a component body with a height >0. It will not work properly with zero height components, and should just be turned off if that's what you plan to do. Every component should have a 3D body defined with a height >0.

Your footprints should all be created as top layer components, and when placed on the bottom layer be flipped to that layer using the "L" key when the component is on the cursor.

Attached video clip - Run DRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back