Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP in sequence of digits........

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrysa82

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
how can i create a circuit which give me the sequence 0001111100011111.....?
i have only a clock input and one output(1 bit).
Can anyone help me???

Thanks!!!
8O

A three bit counter (or three flip-flops) and a few gates should do it - maybe even just one gate.

Keith.

Hi.
Connect the clock input to a 3-bit counter whose outputs (Qa, Qb, Qc) select one of 8 inputs of a 8:1 multiplexer. The multiplexer's inputs are connectected to your desired pattern (such as A=0, B=0, C=0, D=1, E=1, F=1, G=1, H=1).
If you put everything in a black box, you'll only need to provide the clock while you present one output. Q.E.D.

Arthur

PS: Yeah, or as Keith suggested, you can do (Qa * Qb + Qc) with the counter's outputs instead of a Mux.

Last edited:

I would investigate the use of shift registers; particularly a parallel load serial out shift register like a 74HC165. Download the datasheet and take a look at the pinouts - from there you should be able to easily create a circuit to do what you are asking.

Hi.
Connect the clock input to a 3-bit counter whose outputs (Qa, Qb, Qc) select one of 8 inputs of a 8:1 multiplexer. The multiplexer's inputs are connectected to your desired pattern (such as A=0, B=0, C=0, D=1, E=1, F=1, G=1, H=1).
If you put everything in a black box, you'll only need to provide the clock while you present one output. Q.E.D.

Arthur

PS: Yeah, or as Keith suggested, you can do (Qa * Qb + Qc) with the counter's outputs instead of a Mux.

thanks for your advise. it's very helpfull...Thank's a lot;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back