Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help in desgin folded dipole using for FM band

Status
Not open for further replies.

afaf nabil

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i desgin folded dipole for FM band using cable RG11 which is 75 ohms is no problem SWR is less than 2 but i trying to bulding with 50 ohms cable which i got SWR greater than 2.5
if any one have ideas how to improve it
thxs

The standard solution is to use a transformer. They come just for this application with screw terminals for the antenna side and coax terminal for the receiver side.

u can apply some type of matching circuit like quarter wave transformer for this or increase the size or thickness of antenna for this aim

i desgin folded dipole for FM band using cable RG11 which is 75 ohms is no problem SWR is less than 2 but i trying to bulding with 50 ohms cable which i got SWR greater than 2.5
if any one have ideas how to improve it
thxs

just a big hint ... .you should be using 75 OHm feed on 88 - 108 FM band anyway ... so why do you even want to use 50 Ohm coax ?

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back