Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help in choosing voltage source

Status
Not open for further replies.

4tuty

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am using a costly photodetector FGA21 , it requires 3 volt reverse bias (absolute maximum).I am powering the device using smartphone (5V). I have 3.3 volt regulator which is exceeding the voltage rating shall i use voltage divider (10k&100k)? or shall i use voltage reference IC (2.8) 2.5v or 3 V. And, Do i need opamp transimpedence amplifier of simply connect the voltage output (PFA) to teensy 3.2 developer board advice needed.

Thank you

Capture.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi,

What I can answer is: yes, rating is 3V max, thus it's not recommended to use it at 3.3V.

But all the rest depends on your application, your requirements.
Like: expected current range, linearity, frequency response, accuracy, precision...
We don't know about all this.

For a high quality measurement: a precise reference and a TIA is my recommendation.

Klaus

4tuty

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back