Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help Identify the Chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiwana6330

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone

We have a OKI C711 printer attached to university network and almost every week, we change the toner cartridges. The old cartridges are a waste and are disposed off. However, recently I found these chips in the cartridges which look like RFID chips. Since I can get 4 of these chips every week, I think it will be useful if I can use these chips for various hobby projects. So I took one out today and put it in-front of my Lab RFID 13.56 Mhz card reader/ writer. However, it didn't recognize it. Can someone help me identify what this chip is? RFID? I want to erase the chip and save some data on it

Pic of Chip is attached

Cheers Front.jpg

Cheers

Type:
Cartridge Chip

Place of Origin:
Guangdong China (Mainland)

is_customized:
Yes

Brand Name:
ACE-TECH

Model Number:
C710/711 EU

Very blurry picture so no part number visible, but looking at the spiral antenna it could be one of the lower frequency bands. A check for the resonant frequency of the antenna should identify it.

Keith

Very blurry picture so no part number visible, but looking at the spiral antenna it could be one of the lower frequency bands. A check for the resonant frequency of the antenna should identify it.

Keith

Very interesting. How can you check resonant frequency?

Since its part of printer, it should support both read and write operations. Therefore, it cannot be 125khz as they are write only. The other possibility is 13.56Mhz but my reader does not see it as a RFID tag (reader works fine with other tags)

Connect a signal generator through a resistor to the coil. Sweep the frequency while monitoring the signal on the coil. Not perfect but should get you in the right area. It could be 13.56MHz - you just aren't able to communicate with the correct protocol/modulation method.

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back