Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[HELP] How to prepare *.db or *.lib for analog block ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravobravo

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
[HELP] How to prepare *.db or *.lib for analog block ..when I run DC...

if I have simple verilog file for analog block (list only pin definition)
and a file with pin capacitance ....

Please ..

If the analog module is a IP, the IP provider should provide it ( and of course other files ).

If it is an in-house design, ask the analog designer or the library owner for it.

Basically, like any other libs, the analog macro library is extracted by SPICE simulation result and described it in matrics. And then, converted to the .lib format.
After you get the .lib file, you could compile it in the synopsys library compiler to get a .db file.

it is said pathmill of synopsys can generate .lib, but i dont know wether it can do with analog module

You can hand-made one easily as only port list is requited. Follow some other .lib for the syntax. You can also compile it in dc_shell, it would flag error on no library complier license but can be ignored for port-list only .db .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back