Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help! how to avoid LVS report unmatch when use dummy MOSFETS

Status
Not open for further replies.

saiaoying

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dummy lvs

hello!

In order to let the current mirror circuit match much better, i place some dummy MOSFETS in the layout, and they are not drawed in the schematic, so when i have a LVS check, it always show me that the dummy MOSFETS is unmatch.

how to deal with this problem?

They can be ignored by a special rule. In diva, it is called prune rule and is defined by "pruneDevice".
But if the dummy devices have connections with the circuit, including them in schematic is a better choice.

Re: help! how to avoid LVS report unmatch when use dummy MOS

Shorting all ports of these MOSFET's to GND. Properly written LVS rules will ignore these dummy devices.

short all terminals to VDD if PMOS and to VSS if NMOS...
this will solve the problem...

do you get something like "unmatched gate length for parallel devices in the layout"? Then for my case, I will just ignore it, because normally the LVS will show that "the netlist are matched logically"

what lvs you use? if using tanner lvs there is a rule that will ignore shorted devices in lvs setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back