Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help for designing a U shape pach antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhargav32004

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to design a inv U shape patch antenna with a modified ground plane of W shape. I have taken a science direct paper as my refrence. I am not able to design the patch. Using the normal design equations for a patch antenna I am not able to arrive at the values. Can anyone please help me with the design equations for a U SHAPED PATCH antenna for a center frequency of 2Ghz and substrate as air.

Is not the first time when I read about U, W, E, M or H shape patch antenna (or whatever letters remain from the alphabet).
My concern is not about these antennas and how they behave, is how somebody can believe that is a formula somewhere dedicated for each shape.

For example from the file below, M-shape patch antenna,

**broken link removed**

my question is: How we know actually this is not a W shape, or E shape? Depends how we hold it in our hand?

Could you please help me abt the references or the design equations for a inverted U shape antenna with W shape ground plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back