Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help for cascading simulation using HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

limate

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to use HFSS to simulate a complex structure by dividing it into several parts to tune them seperately. Then I can combine the parts into one through wave transfer matrix means.

Please tell me if it is doable in HFSS? And how to do it?

HI!

I have done this for several simulations, but i think that is not possible to do this in HFSS alone. What I make is just save the S-parameters in s*p format, and then I use ansoft designer to join the blocks. This is easy to make. I know that it is possible to do this also in HPADS and in touchstone and APLAC, but indeed you need another software than HFSS.

buy!

HFSS alone can't cascade simulations. Like Gizmo_es, we import the into Ansoft Designer, and then run the connected projects. However you don't need to save the S-parameter in a Touchstone format, Designer automatically imports the HFSS project. To me, this is one of the nicer features of Designer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back