Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help finding part SS1070

Status
Not open for further replies.

TQFP

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

Part 2 of my repair adventure. I'm trying to fix a PCB that received 12VDC instead of 5VDC. One part was physically blown and thanks to help on this forum I identified the part (Feeling FP6291 boost converter) and a place to buy a replacement. After removing the remains of the blow part, I found V+ was shorted to ground. The short was in an unmarked SOIC-14 IC, and after removing it I found some numbers on the bottom:

04506 2046
SS1070

There is also a capital "J" that looks like a manufacturer mark? I suspect the top row is date-code stuff. Searching around the Internet has turn up nothing useful.

This part seems to control the on/off function, as well as controlling the 6 motor speeds and driving the 6 LED indicators.

Any help identifying this part would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• SS1070_01.jpg
    SS1070_01.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 188
  • SS1070_02.jpg
    SS1070_02.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 177

What is the PCB? Looks like an RF connector on the left side.

Presumably the FP6291 you refer to is off the picture or on a different board.
It is unusual for a manufacturer to print part numbers on the under side of a package, they are likely to be some batch or date code rather than device identification.

Brian.

The connector on the left is the DC power jack. The blown FP6291 has been removed, it goes on the SOIC-6 footprint near the top of the photo. This is the one and only PCB. On the back are two 2-wire connectors, one goes to the motor, the other to the battery.

This is a hand-held massager made by "Southern Telecom", which has multiple sub-companies making all kinds of no-branded products you will find in stores like Target, etc. I find lots of no-brand electronics have chips in them that are exclusively found in places like China, with Chinese-only datasheets, etc. It is no surprise to me that I'm having a hard time finding the chips, but thanks to the forum, one of them was identified, so I'm half way to getting it fixed.

This massager was about $90, so worth fixing if I can find the parts, since there is literally nothing wrong with the unit physically, the motor and battery are fine, etc. There is a single button that turns the unit on and controls the speed, one level per press, then off: on-2-3-4-5-6-off ("on" is speed 1). There are 6 LEDs that turn on based on the speed. That is the whole circuit.

The second failed chip appears to control a voltage to the power section that will adjust the current to the motor (control the speed), and drive the LEDs. Kind of a specific chip, so if the numbers are only batch information, I was hoping someone might recognize the functionality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back