Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Help] Could NCverilog run many testbench in sequence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

syncom

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
always @(*) ncverilog

To all:
I had a problem in NCverilog ,because I had 10 testbench file to simulate my target file.I want to write a script file to Run the 10 testbench file in sequence, But I don't know how to do ?
Ps: I had wrote each script of 10 testbench file,But I can let NCverilog run those 10 script file in sequence ,Because NCverilog always run them parallel ,it waste much power of my computer .
and My NCverilog is running in the NT version!
Thank you very Much!
Help me if you can!

Use $test$plusargs
and run ncverilog with -R option parameter
With $test$plusargs , you dont have to recompile the design and it can simulate immediately with -R but with the new +(your parameter) argument .
You can refer to the manual for detail explanation .

Thank you ,Nobody!
But I still have question in $test$plusargs and -R argument,because if I need to run 10 files in sequence (I mean the second testbench will start to simulate after the first testbench complete over,and the third one will start to simulate after the second done,and fourth......),How can I use the argument to achieve my idea ??
Sorry , Although I read the explanation of $test$plusargs and -R,I still can solve it ,Please help me!!!
Thank in advance .

For more robust and completence you should use one make file .
When one testbench is done . Touch one file which is the dependent file of next excute target .
Or simply use the dos batch command in one file like this
call ncverilog -R +plus1
call ncverilog -R +plus2
call ncverilog -R +plus3

Status
Not open for further replies.