Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help compiling UVM code with VCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

saurabhs111

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello -

I am new to UVM and want to compile uvm code in VCS. I downloaded UVM1.1d from Accellera website. I am using VCS Version A-2008.09.

The environment variable UVM_HOME is set to .../src/
I have tried compiling the hello_world.sv program using the following command:
vcs -sverilog +ntb_opts uvm hello_world.sv

However, I am getting the following error message
source file "uvm" cannot be opened for reading.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Not sure if it will solve your problems, but step 1 with this sort of thing is:

1 - use an ABSOLUTE PATH for UVM_HOME

Thanks. I do have an absolute path.

Could Synopsys VCS version an issue? Is there is minimum version of VCS I need inorder to compile UVM?

Not sure if it will solve your problems, but step 1 with this sort of thing is:

1 - use an ABSOLUTE PATH for UVM_HOME

Thanks. I do have an absolute path.
What is the value of UVM_HOME right now?

Could Synopsys VCS version an issue? Is there is minimum version of VCS I need inorder to compile UVM?

Don't know, since I never used VCS with UVM. But 2008 does sound a bit old. Anyways, you can always check the Synopsys support pages for that sort of information.

Since the UVM standard is pretty new, I dont think the v2008 version of VCS will support it. You can try using a later version possible a 2010/2011 version.

Since the UVM standard is pretty new, I dont think the v2008 version of VCS will support it. You can try using a later version possible a 2010/2011 version.

Actually that's not necessarily true. UVM is a framework implemented in regular boring system verilog, so there is a chance it will actually work on 2008 version. That said, the pragmatic approach would indeed be to get a post Stone Age version of VCS just like you suggest and see if that magically solves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back