Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[help]!c5 installation error on RH9 (SETUP.SH cannot run)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatbear

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Because RH7.3 and RH8.0 cannot support my new computer, I installed RH9. Then I mounted the !c5033 CD1 under /mnt/cdrom. When I run the SETUP.SH ( such as /mnt/cdrom/SETUP.SH or went to the /mnt/cdrom dir and run ./SETUP.SH ), there's an error said:
bad interpreter : No such file or directory
But the "SETUP.SH" file is there and when I use "file SETUP.SH" to check it, I was told that the file is a Bourne shell excutable file.
I wonder what's wrong with the installation? Anybody can help me out? Thanks!

i advise u to copy all contents onto your harddrive and then put this line in your bash.
export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1

AS WRITTEN ABOVE.AFTER COPYING THE CONTENTS ONTO YOUR HARDDRIVE RUN SETUP.SH BY DOING CD TO THE DIRECTORY IN WHICH IT IS PRESENT.ANY OTHER ISSUES JUST MAKE A SEARCH OF THE FORUM FOR CADENCE INSTALLATION YOU WILL GET LOT OF HELP

REGARDS
AMARNATY

Re: [help]!c5 installation error on RH9 (SETUP.SH cannot run

You can try Mandrake9.0. I use Mandrake on my notebook. It works.

your solution is here. see this good post

Re: [help]!c5 installation error on RH9 (SETUP.SH cannot run

you can try installing with bash shell.

Status
Not open for further replies.