Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hello which is better nmos or pmos or coms...

Status
Not open for further replies.

viga_recc

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
packing density of nmos and pmos

hello friends,
lets talk about which is better either "nmos" or "pmos" or "CMOS",.. why and how .. in all the aspects power speed n advantages... this will be very useful to all...

hi

I think that the future of the electronics industry is going on the CMOS since it is the best from all aspects...density,power ,noise .

some of the points which i can think of :

1. NMOS can produce a strong 0, but only weak 1(vice versa for PMOS). CMOS can produce strong 1 and a strong 0,i.e. output swings from rail-to-rail.

2. Static power dissipation in NMOS was a problem, CMOS was preferred to NMOS because of this.

3. has much better carrier mobility compared with PMOS but not as high as NMOS(should be self-evident).

4. high noise margins and robustness compared to other technologies

correct me if i've gone wrong somewhere

an area where nmos scores over cmos is integration...

nmos has the highest packing density of all logic families... and obviously preferred ove pmos for mobility reasons as above...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back