Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hello frequency converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorpionss

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can any one help i have device work on 60 hz and
here where i live the electricity frequence is 50 hz
what i must do

it all depends

It all depends on what it is and the details of the design.

If it uses an off line switching regulator you have no problems.

If it runs a synchronous motor you will get lower speed.

If it uses a transformer in the power supply there is the possibility of it overheating. Try the product out for a while with the cover off and monitor the transformer temperature.

The cost of frequency converters is probably more than the cost of your device. One option if the transformer overheats is to replace it with one rated at 50 Hz.

If the product was designed to work on 110 or 220 V they probably took the frequency difference into account in the design. If you have to use a transformer to take your 220 to the 110 V required by the product they probably did not design for the lower frequency.

I have multiple devices that work on 60 Hz in a 50 Hz environment and vice vera. Frequency difference is rarely a problem!

Colombo2

no any problem, my tv can display NTSC(60hz) and PAL(50hz) equally well.

best regards

scorpionss said:
can any one help i have device work on 60 hz and
here where i live the electricity frequence is 50 hz
what i must do

If the unit supplied is provided with a switching converter usually there are no problems, the switching converters can accept a wide range of input frequency (47 - 63 or 47 - 440 Hz )
If the unit is a motro or a transformet you could have problems, but if the power is less than 50 W the risks are minimal, increasing the power increase the troubles.

Mandi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back