Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HDMI single splitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idan1

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,
I'm working on a little project, and in it i have the need to take an one line signal (one stream of zeros and ones), and to split it in a way it would go to an HDMI port and would be read correctly.

After i have made some research, i have found out that there are 4 TDMSchannels who together create the HDMI port, each one needs to be sent twice for confirmation (once correctly, once inverted) so to some up i have 8 signals that needs to go out.

So i have to figure out a way, to send this 1 line signal and to split it to 8 different outputs. I have searched for chips that can do it, with the key words "hdmi transmittor", but didn't found out about anything simple and good enough.
I guess it can be created with a bunch of flip flops, but i want a more small and integrated solution.

Anyone who has any idea how to do this on the best way possible, i will be more then glad to hear them out.
Also, if you have any other solution, or if there is a really easy way that i didn't think about, please let my know :)

BTW, Im looking for anyone who knows well the field of HDMI and wifi data transmitting, so if you want to take a part in a really interesting project, give me a shoutout.

Thanks to everybody :)

A 4017 IC (decade counter) performs this concept. I used it to split up a train of radio control command pulses. Each output pin produces an individual pulse so each pulse can control its own servo.

It has ten output pins. Don't know if it operates fast enough for your purposes.

Reactions: Idan1

Idan1

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
A 4017 IC (decade counter) performs this concept. I used it to split up a train of radio control command pulses. Each output pin produces an individual pulse so each pulse can control its own servo.

It has ten output pins. Don't know if it operates fast enough for your purposes.

First of all, thank you. I have two new questions:
1. i know the normal 4017. Is the IC version gives you the ability to control the output? (the normal 4017 can only give "1", and does not save the corrent output until the next interaction; two importent features).
2.How can I check what is the maximum running speed for this chip?

thanks a lot :)

First of all, thank you. I have two new questions:
1. i know the normal 4017. Is the IC version gives you the ability to control the output? (the normal 4017 can only give "1", and does not save the corrent output until the next interaction; two importent features).
2.How can I check what is the maximum running speed for this chip?

thanks a lot :)

IC stands for integrated circuit, of course.

Instead of a 4017, I believe you need a serial-to-parallel converter. This is suited to the sort of data transfer you're speaking about. I have not worked with one but I believe they are a key device inside modems. They are related to the shift register, which is made from flip-flops.

Splitting a signal into 8 sounds to me like a fairly standard demultiplexing problem.
You need to know how the signals were multiplexed in the first place and if there are additional parts added to allow (re)synchronisation.
The HDMI part of this seems to be a 'red herring' to a large extent.
Or have I missed the point?
Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back