Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Has anybody used Rust language on STM32 or ESP32

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingDutch

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Forum,

has anybody used Rust compiler for small MCUs Like STM32 or ESP32. Today I was watching tutorials about Rust language and I am curious how programs written in this language prove itself on small MCUs (like smaller series of STM32 or ESP32(Xtensa). I am also curious about availability of libraries for control hardware (like for example ADCs or varoius sensor) from crate.io, or "unsafe" code and C library has been used often. I understand that Rust language is much more safe than C/C++ (memory safe and threads safe), but I would like to know if in your opinion it is worth to switch from C++ to Rust (in context of smaller ARMs)? I am going to try Rust on STM32 and ESP32 within several next days.

Best Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.