Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Harmonic Mixer with 8563 E spectrum analyzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MobiNaz

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am using 11970 Q harmonic signal with the 8563 E HP spectrum analyzer. When the mixer is fed by an Rf signal of 38 GHz, I am getting pairs of frequencies on the display. My analyzer has not got the option to identify the correct output. How do I identify the correct output, like which response is that for 38 GHz?

Thanks in advance

I am not very familiar with this, but from my knowledge, 11970Q mixer needs a diplexer to connect to a spectrum analyzer.

Normally these spectrum analyzers use mathematical magic and yig preselectors to remove the "image" products that are not real. By using the external mixer, you bypass all of that and have to figure it out yourself. There are lengthy app notes from agilent on how to do it, look them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back