Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hard-RT Systems, is it possible to make guaranteed deadlines

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddboy40

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hard-RT Systems

As a designer of hard-realtime systems, is it really posible to always guarantee the deadlines. ?
What about unforeseen scenarios, lightning for example or any order uncalculatetable situation.

Re: Hard-RT Systems

ddboy40 said:
As a designer of hard-realtime systems, is it really posible to always guarantee the deadlines. ?
What about unforeseen scenarios, lightning for example or any order uncalculatetable situation.

Really a good and intelligent question , I also don't know I will be wrong or right ......

I think it depends on how you are handling the situation (Exception handling and proper measure) and how you are making the system to withstand the situation ,in Hard RTOS tyhe intelligent is not in built .... you have to design it as per your requirement , ........

But if you really get any further information on thios matter then please let me know .......

Thanks again for sending such a good question in the forum ........

ok .... take care and good bye .......

Re: Hard-RT Systems

Hi

Something that matters a lot is how you're system is going to work: event-driven or time-driven. If event-driven, nobody can't gaurantee the system unless its too simple. That's simply because unknown conditions in events can happen, which is not in control and they directly affect the system performance, sometimes in a non-predictable manner.
But time-driven systems could lessen that effect in the system to a great degree. That's why new systems which need to be fail-safe (like flexray, TTP, etc) are being designed based on Time-driven design or at least including it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back