Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Handling BlackBox through Synthesis and PnR

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalar

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys!

I am new here and i would like to ask how can I create blackboxes (or Hard macrocells??) in Synthesis and PnR stages. I am only asking for general guidelines as i don't want to make things much complicated for you.

So for example I have an RTL code and i want to synthesize (Design compiler) the top design but also to keep some submodules as blackboxes because i don't need them in timing analysis and also i would like to speed up the process of synthesizing. Then after I do this i want to export the netlist and import it to Encounter. At PnR stage i would like to see the black boxes so to make a better floorplan.

Any ideas?

Thank you guys.

Last edited:

you could create a lib/lef for these submodule, and during the synthesis & pnr it will used it instead the code.

Ok cool, Thanx.

Just a follow up question, do you know any good tutorial of how to create lib/lef files for submodules?

Last edited:

if you don't care of the timing you just need a text editor.
Same for the LEF.
i usually used scripts to generate the LEF with the expected waveform, and place pins in one border.
For the liberty I used script in PT with quicklib model

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back