Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Half-Space material in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

labtech725

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone!

I'd like to simulate an antenna next to an infinite half-space material (let's a say it's a wall of infinite thickness. While the antenna is next to the wall and surrounded by air.

Is there a way to build the half space material "wall" in HFSS??
Wich parameters of the "wall" can I set?

Thanks a lot for your help!

wandering heart said:
It should depends on if your wall is penetrable, i.e., whether one can simulate as a boundary condition in simulator.

My wall should be penetrable (it's like rock. I will just set the ε and tg loss) but I'm not interested in the propagation of my field inside the wall. I'm interested in eventual reflections and in the radiation pattern outside the wall.

I just wanted to know if there's a way to set an infinite wall like this in an easy way. I mean easy also by simulation time, because if I'd design a wall with a thickness of 1 meter the simulation time would be really too much.

I hope you understand my problem.

Thanks again for your help!

U'd like to use an impedance boundary condition, but this is NOT valid under arbitrary condition. So u should check this.

Thanks for the reply.

Do you have any idea how i can obtain the result i want under hfss?

I have an antenna close to a wall of a certain material and i'd like to simulates its behaviour. But I don't want to give the wall a finite dimension (because of the simulation time with big objects), I'd like to do an half space of a certain material..

Thanks again if you can help me.

Find out if ur problem can be approximated by using impedance boundary condition, otherwise I do not know other ways to save another "finite dimension".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back