Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

H1B visa for analog/digital designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

user0101

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I need your advice, please help.

I'm thinking about finding job in the USA. I live in one of former republics of Soviet Union, thus as far as I understand the unique way for this purpose consists in receiving H-1B visa. As I know USCIS will generally not grant a petition for self-employed people. A petition may be filed by a job contractor.

So what to do? How to find such company?

What can you advise? Has anybody gone on this way?

Some words about me.

Education.
Ph.D degree in Electrical Engineering
Experience.
5+ in analog and mixed-mode IC design
Skills:
Skill with the Synopsys environment,
Matlab, Verilog,
Strong knowledge of sub-micron CMOS process,
and etc

Thanks in advance.

It is really not easy these days. Most American companies are cutting their custs and you can not move to the US without a sponsor.

It cost the company something between 10-20k to get a H1 visa approved and for that, they have to proove they can not find a person with the same knowledge in the country for at least 3 months prior to the start of the application that takes between 1-6 months.

Good luck with your search,
/Farhad Abdolian

user0101 said:
Hello,
I need your advice, please help.

I'm thinking about finding job in the USA. I live in one of former republics of Soviet Union, thus as far as I understand the unique way for this purpose consists in receiving H-1B visa. As I know USCIS will generally not grant a petition for self-employed people. A petition may be filed by a job contractor.

So what to do? How to find such company?

What can you advise? Has anybody gone on this way?

Some words about me.

Education.
Ph.D degree in Electrical Engineering
Experience.
5+ in analog and mixed-mode IC design
Skills:
Skill with the Synopsys environment,
Matlab, Verilog,
Strong knowledge of sub-micron CMOS process,
and etc

Thanks in advance.

In what country do you live?