Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

H-Bridge Input Waverform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashkar

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have designed an N-MOS H-Bridge using an IR2110 Gate drivers and IRF540N mosfet as shown.
Screenshot (15).png

What I need to know is that whether the waveform to start the H_Bridge is Right.
1) I have turned the High side mosfet on using 20 kHz 50% Waveform via IR2110 Gate driver and diagonal to the High Side MOSFET I have turned the Low Side Mosfet Using the Same PWM Signal of 20KHZ at 50% duty.
Please Suggest the Appropriate waveform for diving the System.

What kind of load are you driving, what's the expected output waveform?

The intended gate waveform is not feasible with IR2110, to charge the bootstrap capacitor for Q1 gate driver, Q3 must me switched periodically.

What kind of load are you driving, what's the expected output waveform?

The intended gate waveform is not feasible with IR2110, to charge the bootstrap capacitor for Q1 gate driver, Q3 must me switched periodically.
Could you please elaborate what ki d of waveform do I have to make in order to drive the bootstrap circuit and to control the bridge.
I am driving an inductive load ( Brushed DC motor)

• You can e.g. drive Q1 and Q3 alternatingly with 50 % duty cycle and turn Q4 permanently on. This gives an average output voltage = 50% of Vcc.

Read up carefully on the UC3846 / UC3856 control IC - this will give you a lot of insights ...

Status
Not open for further replies.