Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

grow lights hydroponics

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin25

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
does any body have any ideas concerning a in door grow ?
plants such as berries, grapes, lettuce, green beans, potato's, apple seeds, pepper seeds ect.

i need to get a light system but i need to know about how much watt im going to need.i was thinking a 125 watt bulb for lemon balm maybe a berry plant but i need to grow in the 400-1000 range for grapes lettuce potato's but im not sure about that.

I once had a one-lamp hydroponic box. The gro-light was a 4 foot tube purchased for several dollars at a garden supply store.

I used an old fluorescent tube fixture. I fabricated a reflector from shiny stovepipe sheet metal. I bent it into a curve and fastened it so as much light as possible was directed down to the plants.

I planted a few vegetables in clay litter. I kept it moist by pouring on Miracle-Gro plant food (green crystals) dissolved in water.

I read recommendations that I should plant only vegetables which are high-yield, compact, and grow only above the ground. Example, peas, beans, lettuce, alpine strawberries.

Not recommended are:
* plants which sprawl (such as vines)
* plants which need loose soil (such as potatoes)
* plants which grow tall and hog the lights (such as tomatoes).

I seem to remember the only crop it yielded was one pea pod. It tasted wonderful after tending it for several weeks.

Most of the plants died.
I can't be sure if the clay litter was a poor growing medium, or if the light was insufficient, or if the roots were waterlogged, or if the water had too much Miracle-Gro dissolved in it.

led grow lights can be provide the lights plant need.

the plant only need the red and blue spectrum,so we lights offer what the plant need is ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back