Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

graphical LCD interface approach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tramp

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,
I am using monochrome LCD(240X128 pixels) in my design & have below 3 approch for interfacing LCD.
1)Microcontroller+external graphical LCD driver+LCD(glass of 240X128 pixels)
2)Microcontroller + chip on glass LCD(240X128 pixels)
3)Microcontroller with inbuilt graphical LCD driver + LCD(glass of 240X128 pixels)
Otherthan LCD there is touchcsreen & Alaram to be handle by microcontroller.
Which one is cost effecticve approch to do above interfacing?
Please suggest micontroller & drivers for the same.
Thannks in advance.
Regards,
tramp

Re: graphical LCD interface approch?

I guess the most effective approach would be to write the Graphical LCD control code on your own and interface with a microcontroller. Touchscreen and alarm can also be handled by the same controller. Refer **broken link removed** for the programming reference. BTW which touchscreen are you using? and what controller you plan to incorporate?

Re: graphical LCD interface approch?

Thanks Sumit,
I am thinking about MC68EZ328 for LCD interface.It has may high end features which I dont require.
The only reason for thinking about it to reduce cost of LCD.As COG LCD module have controller inside glass & its price is high.
Thats why looking for microcontroller with inbuilt graphical LCD driver(hardware) or graphical LCD driver(hardware) between microcontroller & LCD.
Regards
tramp

Hi, if this is going to be a high end product I would suggest the COG solution. It is costly in the beginning but the volume price is much cheaper. Normally you can specify the driver that you would like. the drivers from ST is quite nice. Can send part no is requested.

MN

Status
Not open for further replies.