Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[AVR] GPRS connection status check

Status
Not open for further replies.

somnath678@gmail.com

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I am using Telit module.
Once i do socket configuration and start the socket connection using AT#SGACT and AT#SD command i start posting data to server in while loop using post.

My question is how can i check the connection status eg still connected or not so that i can continue sending data or i need to reconnect.

I have started socket in online mode.So if i give AT#SS or any At command then it will definitely not work(as AT command work only in command mode.)

Please let me know the solution. In my project i need to send data continuously to server in every 10 seconds

Thanks,
Som

The answer depends on which method of data exchange you are using. Multiplex mode is one possible way to perform AT commands during an active data connection.

Hi FvM

Thanks for your reply!
In my project i don't need to use Multiplex mode. As i need only one socket CID to configure and use it only.
Even in multiplex i need to suspend the one socket and check for other.

Considering my constrain of project please help me out with the issue.

Let me know if i made any thing wrong.

GPRS and TCP AT commands aren't standardarized across manufacturers. So any detail is Telit-specific. I'm not using any Telit devices, I just keep the documentation for reference.

Active Telit users should help in this regard.

Good luck!

Hi

Thanks for your reply!
Could you please share any module(eg SIM900) Multiplex mode code to work with GSM/GPRS so that it will use AT command and can detect when connection goes down.

Looking for your help!
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.