Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Glass breaking sensor and Piezo Transducer

Status
Not open for further replies.

hez_91

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Piezo Transducer

I am trying to stimulate a glass breaking sensor by using a Piezo Transducer to P18F4520.

Can any type of piezo transducer be used or do I have to find a specific piezo transducer to be compatible with the sound of breaking glass?

Thanks

Piezo Transducer

i thnk you can found it in bmw car

Re: Piezo Transducer

I've used the piezo speaker of a christmas cards to record underwater sounds.
To amplify the signal, I've used an opamp amplifier (two JFET opamps). It worked very nice.
In ths case, you can also filter the signal in the opamp to get just some frecuencies in the output. I mean, record a glass break (or dowload it from internet), analyze the frecuencies, and then design your opamp amplifier to get just these frecuencies.

Regards

Re: Piezo Transducer

Usual glass-break detectors are sensing solid-born sound, mainly in the ultrasonic range. They require the sensor directly glued to the pane.
The expectable amplitude is high and can be detected typically without an amplifier, e.g. by triggering a thyristor.

Status
Not open for further replies.