Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Getting commun mode voltages on the ADC two cables

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlichmo

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
An ADC is connected (at its input) to a pair of cables.
At the output of the ADC, we have the differential mode voltage (quantized).
Is there any ticks to get, separatly, the voltages (commun mode voltages) that the ADC has received on each of the two cables,
Best Regards,

Thank you for your reply.
But I think I have not well asked my question.
As communly used, the adc gives the quantized differential voltage Vd between two wires w1 and w2. My goal is to have the common mode voltages Vw1 (between w1 and the ground) and Vw2 (between w1 and the ground). My question is: is this information can be provided by the adc?
Thank you in advance,

... the adc gives the quantized differential voltage Vd between two wires w1 and w2. My goal is to have the common mode voltages Vw1 (between w1 and the ground) and Vw2 (between w1 and the ground). My question is: is this information can be provided by the adc?

It can; but only if you connect the inputs appropriately (as stated above by you).
You can achieve this by (timely serial) analog multiplexing of the inputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.