Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Getting +15V and -15V from a +12V in PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

tramu

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to get +/-15V DC to power an IC which requires both +15V & -15V voltages.
But, I have to get +/-15V DC from +12V source available on a PCB.

Please help in this direction like companies who makes convertor ICs to convert 12V to +/-15V or how to do it in PCB.

Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom.

Regards,
Thulasi

There are many suppliers but you do not say which country you are in.
Here is one link, the company have distributors in most countries:

Your Search Results | Farnell United Kingdom | Results

It's one long link, if you can't use it, go to Farnell / Electronic Component Distributors / Suppliers / Electronics, Electrical Parts, Electrical Components and Wholesale Electronics. instead and enter "DC-DC" in the search box, it will open a page where you can specify the input voltage and output voltages you want before it searches the catalog.

Brian.

Hi,

Please find the data sheet from murata power supply.

I have the following queries.

1. The output current rating of Dual output voltage(NDTD1215C) converters are specified as +/-100mA.
Does it mean, +15V output line will supply 100mA current, and -15v line will supply another 100mA current? please explain why the output current is rated as +/- ?

2. Why is the minimum load current is specified as +/-25mA ? Why is it required ?

Please answer my queries.

Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom.
Thulasi

1. Yes, both outputs will supply 100mA. The +/- refers to the direction of current which will be opposite from the positive to the negative outputs.
2. There is an explanatiopn on page 4 of the data sheet. The internal circuitry on some models becomes unstable if the load is less than 0.25 of the maximum. Only the manufacturer knows why but I would guess it's something to do with the way the internal regulator works.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back