Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

generation of frequency with magnitude 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

preethi19

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi i need to generate F=[F0,F1,........Fn-1] wer n=16 such that lFnl=1..... so i understand i need 16 freq samples whose magnitude sums upto 1..... now i need to generate it in matlab...... can anyone pls help me... like give me a sample code from wer i can build from it....
Like i know magnitude of a freq say lFnl=a+ib....wer a=Cos and b=Sin.... i understand a complex no is combination of cos and sin term.... now i want that 16 freq to be rectangular pulse and from the reading i did rect pulse has sinc term which is sinc=sin(x)/x (sorry if i'm wrong).....here no cos term is coming... so how will this magnitude lFnl=1 apply here??? or is it that cos here will be considered 0... i'm so confused.... Also how to choose sinc value such that its 'a' and 'b' values are generated appropriately that it adds upto to 1...
not only for sinc i need to generate different waveforms sets of F=[F0,F1,........Fn-1]..... so be it any sinc, cos, rectangular, sawtooth i need lFnl=1..... but pls can someone now give me a matlab eg with rect pulse.... and also when i use other waveforms wat part in the code am i supposed to change wer i change the pulse and still maintaining lFnl=1

mainly how can i generate this 16 freq set... should i take a time domain signal and take its fft so i get this 16 frequencies or can i directly generate F=[F0,F1......Fn-1].... even if i take a time domain signal i need to make its value such that wen i take its fft it results in complex values wer a^2+b^2=1....very urgent..... pls help

Last edited:

also i have a doubt the time domain signal is a rect pulse and its fft transform gives us the sinc function right??? if yes then how do i generate a rect pulse in time domain and take its fft such that i get 16 frequencies and i want those freq not like all 16 in positive x-axis.... not like freq in 2,4,9.... i want it to be on both sides like -9,-4,-2,0,2,4,9.... like this... and i want them to be random frequencies....... and my other main doubt is i need them uniformly distributed........ wen i saw online i saw code to generate uniformly distributed random freq but they were not of rect pulse..... they were random..... does uniform distribution random freq apply to rect pulse wer the rect pulse is random and uniformly distributed??????? pls help

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back