Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Generating Bipolar Encoded signal using MCU

Amr Wael

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello ,

I would like to make bipolar encoding using microcontroller STM32 , I have 2 states only 1 and 0 ,
What hardware can be used to generate this signal with the MCU , is there an IC or should I build a circuit ?

Here is a link for the waveforms that I desire to generate
Thank you very much in advance.

Hi,

my first question is: Why? Aren´t there better/simpler solutions?

With two sates only (one signal) it can´t work. You need at least a second signal. I´d vote for some kind of "clock" signal.
--> USART instead of UART .. for example.

Hardware:
It depends on signal voltages, currents, impedances, frequency / baud_rate ... and so on.

In simplest case you could use an RS232 transmitter IC,
But you could also use other ICs, like flip flops and analog_MUX.
or a circuit based on discretes like transistors.

Klaus

From the article it appears as though output is determined from your data as well as incoming clock pulses. This brings to mind a D flip-flop whose changes of state are delayed until a clock pulse arrives. JK flip-flop is similar.

Flip-flops have Q and bar-Q outputs. As each is an inversion of the other, you can obtain bipolar AC by connecting a load across them. Can your mcu do the same thing if you program two of its outputs to be at inverted states of each other?

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: