Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

gEDA connects the net to all near pins

Status
Not open for further replies.

cceylan01

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

Recently, I am trying to use gEDA under Linux. I have a problem with gschem tool. I am trying to connect two pins each other. When I do this, the gschem connects the net line to all near pins and changes the position of the line according to those unwanted connections.

For example, suppose that two pins of the same IC should be connected and those pins are the same side of the IC. I am clicking first pin and then carrying the line to the other pin a little bit away from the pins and then clicking the second pin. At this point, the gEDA connects all the pins to the line between these two pin.

I'm not experienced with EDA tools. I mostly worked on software/firmware until now and want to use gEDA for some little projects but this problem completely makes useless gEDA for me. I tried to change some options from "Options" menu but they doesn't seem a solution. I just want to connect two or more point without intervention of gschem tool. Do you have any idea ?

The version is gschem 1.8.2 (g875406c)

Kind regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back