Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

gds2 layer map help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sicheng163

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,all
I have a analog macro gds2 file from IC5141, and I need to import it into my Astro to finish the final layout, but I find there are some layers such as LW, XW, that I don't have in my Astro .tf file.
so, after I StreamIn the macro gds2 file into Astro, these layers disappear, I can't see them in Astro.
And I can't find LW and XW layer in the final gds2 file, because there are no such layers after streamin the final gds2 filewith IC5141,
how can I preserve those layer that aren't difined in Astro?
thanks!!!

Hi,

When you StreamIn gdsII file (dump from Candence tools) to Astro,

Some layers will be discarded, if any layers' layer_number_definition is not the same as that is defined in the .tf file(synopsys format) you've loaded in Astro.

So you'd better check the layer number first, sure you'll find some layers' layer number unmatch.

You can either change the layer number in IC5141 or change the layer number in StreamIn phase.

I hope I've make me understood, since my English is not very good.

thanks a lot, but there actually is no such layers in Astro,
so I decide to add those layer in my .tf file.

Hi,

Waaaao… Chengdu,China O(∩_∩)O~ I can explain it in chinese much easier!!!!

Really, you dont need to do in that way.

As I've told, you "StreamIn" the gdsII file to Astro, then transfer(abstract) it into FRAM view, put FRAM into your APR flow.

Actually, Astro only cares what the METAL layers looks like, where it can route a metal wire(signal and power wire).

So you only need to do:

1.Confirm that the metal lyers of GDSII file can be found in Astro.
2.APR, Dump the GDSII file from Astro out after APR.
3.Load GDSII file in to your Candence tools
4.Add the layers which Astro discarded before.

Hi,

Waaaao… Chengdu,China O(∩_∩)O~ I can explain it in chinese much easier!!!!

Really, you dont need to do in that way.

As I've told, you "StreamIn" the gdsII file to Astro, then transfer(abstract) it into FRAM view, put FRAM into your APR flow.

Actually, Astro only cares what the METAL layers looks like, where it can route a metal wire(signal and power wire).

So you only need to do:

1.Confirm that the metal lyers of GDSII file can be found in Astro.
2.APR, Dump the GDSII file from Astro out after APR.
3.Load GDSII file in to your Candence tools
4.Add the layers which Astro discarded before.

thanks again,

but for this step: 4.Add the layers which Astro discarded before.

so you mean the GDSII file dumped by Astro doesn't contain those layer? then you need to add them in candence tools? but how?
or you mean the GDSII file contain those layers, but cadence won't display them by default, you should set some option to display?

by the way, it's great to know you here, where are you? Chengdu?

Hi,

I mean that the GDSII file dumped from Astro doesn't contain those layers. Because these layers were neglected in StreamIn phase, since their layer_number is not in the .tf file(synopsys format) .

If you load the GDSII file dumped from Astro into your Candence tools, you'll find that the GDSII file contains its hierarchy information.

In other words, the GDSII file is not flat, and the analog macro cell which doesn't contain some layers is one of the sub-blocks.

You can open it in libmanager, sure you can edit it as well.

I am now in Wuxi. I've a good buddy, he is a Chengdu Gui_Er_Zi. O(∩_∩)O~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back