Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

gatelevel simulation error

Status
Not open for further replies.

siva_7517

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ncelab output port was not connected

In gatelevel simulation there is a statement :

ncelab: *W,CUVWSP (./fft14_mapped.v,812|27): 1 output port was not connected:
ncelab: (/tools/Silterra_fe/aci/sc-x/verilog/silterra18.v,9586): QN
EDFFX1 in_buf_im_reg_3__8_ ( .D(in_im[8]), .E(n485), .CK(clk), .Q(

Why are this problem occurs?

Possible that the FF inferred by synthesis is one having a QN output for some reason, but the circuit is not making use of it, but using the Q output only.

-b

bulx said:
Possible that the FF inferred by synthesis is one having a QN output for some reason, but the circuit is not making use of it, but using the Q output only.

-b
Just to add what is said, NC supports "-nowarn WARN_NUMBER" to disable that - if you want to. I would recommend you understand the reason why it comes, then use this option if you need to

Ajeetha, CVC
www.noveldv.com
* A Pragmatic Approach to VMM Adoption 2006 ISBN 0-9705394-9-5 h**p://www.systemverilog.us/
* SystemVerilog Assertions Handbook
* Using PSL/Sugar

Hi,

I have notice that all the unconnected out QN is coming from case statement that i have used in verilog. Is this because of my case function as a latch?

Siva

Hi

In Netlist optimazation some unconnected nets are removed out and when that
netlist is used for simulation it gives some unconnected port massege.

That's warning ,not Error. The module has one more port which is not be connected

Yes, only a warning. And u could ignore that.
For a standard filp-flop cell, there're alway Q and QN. u will not always use both of them. It's normal one of them keep NC.
Any way, pay more attention to *E in your simulation logfile, not *W.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back